Monday, January 18, 2010

My Artistic Renderings Will Make You Weep as if You've Seen an Angel

I know it's probably the case in just about any culture, but I love how other worldly Korean construction plan renderings look. I posted one here of the planned area surrounding the Cheonan/Asan KTX station and I come across them all the time in image searches. Today, while looking for a photo of a Korean apartment building in the winter, I found the following:



That would be Doosan's "We've The Zenith," which, according to the source of the photo, was started in 2007 in Busan's Haeundae area. I'm familiar with the area, but I honestly couldn't tell you if this has been built yet. If it has it doesn't look like the above photo, that's for sure. Straight outta Blade Runner, yo.

Here's another one that's been in the media a bit recently -- for a new sports complex in Ansan, which is up near Incheon.




Looks kind of cool. Although I've been out in that part of Incheon -- and it looks nothing like anything that would someday look like the photo above or below. Quite honestly it looks like some typical Korean apartment buildings that are being built on a drained river. Naturally, there are plenty of angelic photos that would make any martian a proud pappy drawn up in anticipation. This one is quite abstract.



I'll look forward to posting more of these in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment