Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Look Mom! I Gots Twigs For Legs


I saw this photo on PopSeoul yesterday and it’s been stuck in my head ever since. On the left is Taemin from the boy band Shinee. On the right is Gu Hara, who I wrote about in a post here. She’s a very small woman by Korean standards (I wanted to say even by Korean standards, but the fact of the matter is that Koreans have grown in just the past decade), something you wouldn’t necessarily notice when she’s performing. When she appears on TV shows, as she and her Kara brethren have been wont to do these days, she kind of looks like a cute head on pencil -- I'm a little unsure if I'm actually attracted to her anymore.

But nothing really prepared me for ol twig legs here on the left. Initially I despised Shinee, but they must have changed songwriters or something, because the new tunes aren’t driving me to spit at the TV. They've got some hooks. Here's a link to their YouTubes most recent videos first.

I'm pretty sure that at least two of the guys in Shinee are gay, which is perfectly cool, but probably an uphill battle in the world of Korean pop music.

No comments:

Post a Comment