Tuesday, December 22, 2009

...Shhh


Starting this blog has become such a non-preoccupation that the test post has been sitting here for two weeks. Off to a good start.

I live in Busan, Korea. I've been here a few years. I travel around the country quite a bit for my job, so I'm thinking I might have a few interesting things to say. Maybe not.

Tonight I was walking home listening to Miles Davis Shhh Peaceful. I used to have it on record a decade or so at home in Oakland, but I don't think I really got it until tonight as I was walking home from the bus stop. I was walking really fast, to the point that I wondered if I was looking foolish. I must have been. But the beat on this song had me walking in this cathartic walk-jig, and next thing I knew I was catching the eyes of a few women. Might have been my hat. Might have been the music they couldn't hear. I like that. I jutted into a crosswalk on a red light. I live next to it and I know how to time it. But the intersection after, that's a different animal -- the traffic is unpredictable and the cars faster. But I jutted right into that too and danced across the street.

Whipped past the mandu restaurant that's not all that great and then peered into the hairdressing shop where the beautiful woman works, but never looks at the passing eyes outside (mine aren't the only eyes...believe you me).

No comments:

Post a Comment