Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Korea to Employ English Teaching Robots



You (as in myself, the only reader of this blog thus far) might have noticed at the bottom of the page here is a newsfinder contraption that will pull in different stories related to cities in the Busan area. I'm sure I'll get into further topics concerning Masan later, but the city is one of two (the other being Daejeon) that next year will introduce English teaching robots at local schools.

This story is from Xinhua, which is a Chinese source, so lets account for the fact that there might be some baiting going on here, but I'm intrigued by this idea. The story specifies that the robots will be introduced "in an attempt to better serve students in provincial cities." So that kind of follows along the lines of the Vietnamese women that are being introduced (probably into similar areas) to better serve men in provincial cities.

I might also suggest the introduction of robots as English students in Korea. That might solve a few problems as well.

5 comments:

  1. I think humanity needs to start employing robots for all sorts of things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment. Thank you.

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good site, Aaron, I had no idea it existed until three minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I didn't really try to promote it or anything. I wasn't sure how long I'd continue it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'd be an interesting experiment to see how long it'd take to get readers to a site with no promotion.

    ReplyDelete